If every time you click a picture from your camera your realize that something is missing or that there is always something that can be added or modified in your frame,then you need to add some tips and tricks up in your photography skills. So, if you are a portrait photographer or a wedding photographer, you are on the right page because we are bringing to you some portrait and wedding photography
tips tohelp you add that extra zing to your photography:
Portrait Photography Tips-
Wedding photography tips
- Frame your subjectIf you have done portrait photography, you might already know the art of framing your subject.When you frame your subject with another with another, framing gives an image depth and draws the eye to a point of interest in the image.
- Go with wide angleOne of the best portrait photography tips is shooting with a wide angle lens attached to your camera can help create some memorable shots. When you shoot with wide focal lengths, some wonderful distortion is created. This trick will definitely help you create dramatic impact given the fact that your subject is in an interesting surrounding.
- Play with backgroundsSometimes when you place your subject into different contexts with and newer backgrounds you can feel the shift of moods even in yourself and your camera. Don’t be afraid to experiment and play with backgrounds
- Hold your camera on an anglePortrait photography tips are not defined by a Horizontal and Vertical frame. You should know that framings are not the only creative way to shoot portraits.Your camera angle adds a lot to the creative shots you take, hold your camera on a more diagonal angle can give you a different output.
- Experiment with subject impression
Don’t hesitate to experiment with facial expression when the subject reacts with some emotions, get to know the subject’s interest so that you can hold a conversation accordingly.
- Fill the frameWhen your aim is to just focus on one thing thenfill the frame with thesubject’s face.It’s not something that you’d do in every shot that you take – but if your subject is the only feature in the shot – there’s really nowhere else to look.
- Scout the locationAlways start with scouting the location. This is one of the essential wedding photography tips that is really helpful to know where you’re going, have an idea of a few positions for shots and to know how the light might come into play.
- Shoot the small detailsRings, dresses, shoes, flowers, table settings, menus etc. must be photographed – these help give the end album an extra dimension. For a little inspiration you can check out wedding websites or magazines that covers weddings, you’ll get pretty good ideas.
- Shoot in RAWShooting in RAW can be difficult because of the time it takes for processing but a wedding is one-timething that it can be particularly useful for later edits and improvements. Because of imperfect lighting systems in weddings, you may have to manipulate exposure and white balance and RAW will help with this.
- Consider your backgroundsDuring a wedding ceremony, there are a lot of movements with people walking up and down and even backgrounds changing for that matter. This is one of the wedding photography tips that will help you with the formal shots. Look for good backgrounds and suggest them according to the lighting. Ideally you’ll be wanting uncluttered areas and shaded spots out of direct sunlight where there’s unlikely to be a wandering great aunt wander into the back of the shot.
- Continuous shooting modeHaving the ability to shoot a lot of images fast is very handy on a wedding day so switch your camera continuous shooting mode and use it. Most of the time it is the small moments, like where they are laughing at the lack of co-ordination or a relaxing pose right after the picture has been taken
These are some essential photography tips and tricks
that you can follow for exceptional portrait and wedding photography. Also, enjoy the best of photography and play out with different features to improve your picture with Lumix Camera, one of the top camera brands that will always take your creativity to the next level.