Just a moment...
Are you a budding filmmaker with dreams of your films being released on likes of Netflix and other OTT platforms? Then you need a camera that can help you up your game. No, we are not talking about those bulky huge cameras that you see in movies or the ones used by some old film makers, we are talking about all new 2020 features packed in ‘1 easy to carry’ handheld 4K mirrorless DSLM. We are talking about Lumix S1H.
Here’s why you should buy the all new Panasonic Lumix S1H:
1. The full-frame camera unlocking creative possibilities for cinematographers
The LUMIX S1H is a full-frame mirrorless camera for film production, scaled to a hand-held design without compromising professional-level standards. With superior functionality that slots effortlessly into the professional workflow, the S1H is also designed for active filming in the field when attached to a gimbal or drone.
2. Best Combination of 24.2MP CMOS Sensor and Venus Engine
The LUMIX S1H gives you breathtaking image quality without compromise. By delivering ample light condensation per pixel, the 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor offers a wide dynamic range and sharp, natural expression even at high sensitivity settings. Together with the low-pass filter, the sensor offers high resolution with minimal moire. Leveraging the power of the Venus Engine, the camera offers an impressive maximum sensitivity of ISO51200.
3. Non-stop Recording Supported by Heat Dispersing Fan
The S1H has unlimited video recording capability for all recording modes within the recommended operating temperatures, (-10° C to 40° C). To dissipate the heat generated by recording non-stop, a highly-effective and independently operating fan is now included within the body — an industry first.* The film-maker can now concentrate on capturing every minute of the scene without the worry that recording may stop suddenly. The fan is designed for minimal vibration and low noise, operating in four modes to suit the type of shoot and shooting environment and, as with the S1H body overall, is dust- and splash-resistant**.
* For a Full-frame Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera, as of August 27th, 2019.
** Dust and splash resistance does not guarantee that damage will not occur if this camera is subjected to direct contact with dust and water.
4. New Tilting 3.2-inch Free-Angle Rear MonitorThis rear-mounted monitor is a touch-sensitive LCD with a superbly bright 2.33-million-dot high resolution that is still clearly visible in sunny outdoor conditions. The combination of a tilting and swivel mechanism makes unusual compositions and creative angle shots easy to frame. This also avoids the monitor becoming entangled in any connected HDMI or USB cables.
5. 14-bit RAW Recording for Rich GradingColor depth when recording RAW files corresponds to super-detailed 14-bit. As well as taking beautiful stills with a rich dynamic range of delicate tones and colors, you can prevent gradation jump (tone jump) and overexposures that can occur when correcting an image.
6. High Resolution ModeThis mode enables ultra-high precision photo shooting. Eight consecutive images are automatically shot while shifting the sensor using the Body I.S. mechanism. These are then synthesized into a 96-megapixel equivalent RAW image and ideal for taking natural landscapes or works of fine art with delicate details.
7. Fast and Accurate AF at 0.08sec* and Built-in AI TechnologyAdvanced LUMIX technology provides unified control of the sensor, engine, and lens to deliver high-speed, high-precision focus at every angle. Super-fast sensor-lens communication at a maximum 480 fps and DFD (Depth From Defocus) technology helps achieve high-precision autofocus of approximately 0.08 seconds*. It also incorporates Advanced AI Technology that detects specific subjects – humans and fast-moving animals, including birds, wild dogs and felines. The S1H keeps tracking these subjects even when they turn their back to the camera.
* 11EV, at wide-end with S-R24105 (CIPA) in LVF120 fps setting.
The camera was launched recently and has already won Smart Photography Award & Asian Photography award for the best camera in its category in 2020. Moreover, the camera has also been approved by Netflix as the first mirrorless camera to be the part of Post Technology Alliance.